Note: Heat resistant inks
must be used on all laser forms!
- All ink used on a laser form must be heat resistant to withstand the high
operating temperature of the laser printer.
- Ink is available in dozens of standard colors. The standard colors may vary
between forms manufacturers, so consult your forms supplier for their list
of standard colors.
- If a non-standard ink color is required, you may ask the forms supplier
to match a specific sample or you can provide a Pantone Matching
System® (PMS) number. The PMS book contains hundreds of
color choices. Some colors are much more expensive than others so an upcharge
may be applied if certain colors are required.
- The following is a list of some of the standard ink colors provided by many
012 Pantone Yellow
072 Pantone Blue
- The ink can be applied in various ways:
- Spot Color - colors applied using separate plates to add color in
specific areas, each plate having a different image that is printed.
- Duotones - two halftone images, which were produced using different
screen angles, that are printed over each other. Duotones are generally printed
in black and another color.
- Tritones - three halftone images, produced at different screen angles,
which were made from the same image and then printed over each other in three
- Quadtones - four halftone images, produced at different screen angles,
which were made from the same image and then printed over each other in four
- Process Color - four process colors, cyan, magenta, yellow, and black,
printed on top of each other. Each color uses the same image produced at varying
intensities, to reproduce a full color image.
- High Fidelity Color (Hi-Fi) - a method of color printing which utilizes
additional process ink colors to produce a greater range of color.
- Prismatic Ink - the blending of two or more colors in a single printing
unit. This produces a blend of color that is difficult to duplicate. It is
most often used as a security feature.
Samples of Special Ink Features
Note: Indicate to the supplier
the number of ink colors needed on both the front and back of the
Back to Top